After many years in development, TODAY’s the BIG premiere! This clip is taken from PBS’ Annual Meeting 2012 where I discuss the new show, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood. Enjoy the show!
Footage taken by TechSavvyMama1
Well, I’ve seen the first two episodes yesterday (my station showed them in an hour block) .. and they’re terrific. However, I do have a couple questions now that I’ve seen a couple episodes (if ya don’t mind) 🙂
1. Is the musical lesson (I don’t know its official name) always going to be the same for both stories? (Just curious on that one) 🙂
These next two are wish list questions—things I’D like to see, but are not by any means deal breakers. 😉
2. We got to hear 2 older residents of the Neighborhood of Make Believe so far (Daniel Striped Tiger, I am sure, will be VERY prominent in the series—BTW, I LOVE what his job is. :)) but will we hear any others? Lady Elaine, X, Henrietta? I mean, we SAW them, but will we HEAR them?
3. Will we see (besides [SPOILER!!!!!} Mr. McFeely, which I know from the end song and Youtube ads) any human residents of the Neighborhood from the past? (If the answer’s yes on that one, you are triple awesome) 🙂
These last 2 (goodness, there are 5. Sorry about that. 🙂 are the slight (SLIGHT) nitpicks I have with these episodes. One a true one, and one just in fun.
4. The true one: (SPOILER!!!!!) [This I got from one of the ads] Why is Mr. McFeely not voiced by David Newell, the original guy? He’s still around! Did he not want to do it? If so, then nitpick gone. 😉
5. Finally…. Why the Sam Hill is King Friday still ruling? I mean, this takes place SEVERAL YEARS after the original show, right? King Friday was old back THEN—Tuesday should be king by now! I guess Friday still hasn’t learned to let go of anything, huh? 😉
Sorry this is so long! 😉 It really is a wonderful show—my heartiest congratulations again!!!! 🙂 (Get some rest.) 😉
Carefully thought out questions require carefully thought out answers. Thanks for taking the time to contemplate & also for the support 🙂