Super WHY Live! is the live stage show inspired by the hit PBS Kids TV series. The tour is coming to a stage near you in 2012, but we’ve created some videos to show you what’s going on behind the scenes as we build the show. In this video, me and Super Why Live! director Glenn Orsher talk about what it’s like to transform an animated children’s favorite into a live action extravaganza.
Dont Miss a Thing!
Don't miss a single clue! Sign up for a sample from Radical Kindness, go behind the scenes on what I’ve been working on, get special release dates & so much more!
I’ve heard of this! 🙂 (Good for you making an original Super Why story, and not just adapting a episode!) I just have 2 questions, though– Are the Super Readers going to be in their “super” forms throughout the show, are will we get to see a transfofrmation sequence? (I can’t imagine how you’d pull THAT off) And second–will our heroic friends be played by costumed or live actors? (I promise I will stop with the questions after this–I swear!
PS: Is there now a 5th Super Reader? Did I miss something? 🙂
Hi. Here are my answers:
I would love to answer any & all questions you may have. I’m particularly proud of the show!
1) We wrote the Super Why live show ourselves, me and my story editor, Becky Friedman, and have included all of the “big” interactive moments that our preschool fans will want to see LIVE. So, of course we have a transformation sequence! I won’t tell you how we do it, but I will tell you that it will be super cool!
2) After much debate, our Super Reader characters will be costumed characters so we can deliver on the experience of “meeting” your favorite characters “in person.”
3) Our fifth Super Reader is…Woofster! He’s a super dog with…dictionary power! He can tell you what any word means. And, he’s Super Why’s best pal, riding alongside of him in his Why Flyer….
Can’t wait to hear what you think of the show!
Thank you so much for answering these! 🙂
1. Excellent! That oughta be something else. (BTW, this’ll show you how long I’ve been a fan–I saw the FIRST Blue’s Clues Live show on its national tour. 🙂 So, again, good for you for going original–you’ve proven you can adapt shows well! (Especially if they’re yours!) 😉
2.Costumed characters–yeah, that makes sense. I would expect, then, that the voices of the Super Readers will be the same as in the show?
3. Woofster, eh? Neat! I’m gonna have to see if i can find an episode with him in it!
PS: I’m not sure if I’ll be able to actually come SEE it live, but you can bet I’ll try to learn as much as I can from Facebook and the like!
Thanks again! 🙂
Just wanted to pop in here and say I am now aquainted with the newest member of the Super Readers. 🙂 Love him already!
Excellent to hear! Thanks for chiming in 🙂
hii.. i am a fan of super whyy and so is my 6 yr old sister jocelynn.. I have just one question about your live show… will it have the same voice cast as the show? Or will it have like different people voicing the charaters live? thats all from me 🙂
They’ll be the same voices as the characters Jeremy. However, some of the songs may be different in parts. Thanks for asking!
Well A few days ago I have asked Siera Florindo if she had got to do the voice of her character, Wonder Red, and she said no.
But Thanks for the response. 🙂
Anytime Jeremy. Thanks for checking in!